- There is overwhelming bipartisan support for the bill. 61% of Georgians support the bill in the Senate, S. 744.
- Support for the bill cuts across party lines in Georgia
- Voters will reward their leaders in Washington who support the immigration reform plan. In Georgia, 61% of voters said they are MORE likely to support a leader who votes for this legislation!
- A path to legality receives strong support across the board. In Georgia 78% of Georgians support the immigration plan that ensures that undocumented immigrants pay a penalty, learn English, pass a criminal background check, pay taxes, and wait minimum of thirteen years before they can be eligible for citizenship.
- GOP voters, in particular, showed strong support for the pathway to citizenship. There is support for a path among a significant percentage of Republican voters in Georgia. The numbers make it clear that Republics are ready to get behind a path to citizenship, provided the understand the strict guidelines in the current bill.
- This poll includes 44% Republicans, 37% Democrats and 19% Independents, and more importantly, 66% of the people who responded are over 50, and 66% are white, 27% are black, and only 1% are Hispanic! Republicans leaders do not need to be afraid of the voters in their party if they vote FOR Immigration Reform. They will only be punished if the fail to support Immigration Reform!
Let's contact our Senator's today and let them know they have the people behind them! Georgia speaks and our Senators and Congressman must listen!